In partnership with CVS Health, H.E.A.R.T. is excited to offer a 10-week retail training program! This program is ideal for adults with intellectual/developmental disabilities who are interested in working in a retail environment. Participants will receive classroom instructions, hands-on training in a CVS “Mock Store” as well as an on-site externship at a local CVS store. There is no cost to attend this program. Applications are reviewed in the order in which they are received.
Cohort 6: May 16, 2022 – July 22, 2022
During the program (generally from Monday through Thursday, 1:00pm-1:45pm), you will experience:
- Retail & Customer Service Curriculum
You will learn communication skills; how to work in a retail store, how to restock, inventory and stock products; professional ways to interact with customers; and more. The curriculum will be offered via a hybrid of Zoom and in-person classes.
- Learn in a CVS “Mock Store” Environment
Phase II of the program will be conducted at our On-Site CVS Mock Store where you will have hands-on training and practice all the skills you have learned.
- Externship Opportunity in a CVS Store*
This will be the final portion of the training. You will be placed in a CVS store to complete an 80-hour externship.
- Ages 18 and up.
- Must have an Intellectual/Developmental Disability (diagnosis required).
- Must have access to the internet and a device to participate in Zoom training.
- Must be interested in working in a retail store.
- Must live in the City of Houston limits.
- Must have documentation of low-income status.
- This program is offered free of charge thanks to Harvey Disaster Recovery funding. You will be asked to provide information about your experience and how you were affected by Hurricane Harvey.
How to Apply:
Please refer any questions to Sheree Simmons-Gould at email@example.com or 713-893-8857.